Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Another CityBeat Reader Chimes In

Unchecked Power

Thanks for the savvy and insightful article on the situation surrounding state representative candidate Dale Mallory ("Dale's Deals," issue of Oct. 11). This seems to be a situation where unchecked power has led to serious abuses that should by no means be rewarded with public office anywhere, much less in a challenging and needy area such as this one.

Although I would generally be inclined to vote for a Democrat, your article makes doing this in good conscience impossible. Thanks for the excellent reporting.

-- Gabriel Deutsch

traveler172@yahoo.com


I find it hard to believe that a person of any political stripe could vote for Dale Mallory after finding out the truth exposed by Kevin Osborne in CityBeat. Party lines tend to blur when issues get local, especially considering the Heimlich/Mallory alliance. This election isn't about party affiliation, it is about what is right.

Dale Mallory isn't good enough for his own community council, and he isn't a wise choice for the entire 32 District either.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CityBeat readers are mostly Democrats that are fed up with W, congress and Iraq.
I bet there will be a ton of those readers that vote a straight Democratic ticket......with a vote for HALE as the lone exception.

Hale Yes!

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a registered Democrat and I have no problem with voting for Hale over Dale. Kimberly is the only option. It isn't even close.

Hale would probably make a better Democrat than a Republican anyway.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gabriel Deutsch is right on:

Although I would generally be inclined to vote for a Democrat, your article makes doing this in good conscience impossible.

Amen Gabriel.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know of a Democrat that IS voting for Dale.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dale owes me $37,000.00 and I'm voting for Dale.
I hope he wins so I can garnish his state wages.
-----a dumb lender

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home